Why should you care about entering the number of sellers and the group size?
Tracking this information will help you learn about your groups and help you make better business decisions!
The group size, number of sellers and sales per seller are three key factors that can impact your group average. Understanding how these impacted your average is important so you develop the right strategies for your business. It is important to evaluate the changes in the sales force (the group size and # of sellers) and the change in sales per seller from year to year.
If you don’t have the right information you might choose a strategy that doesn’t solve the real problem. Tracking this information in My Fundraising Place helps you understand what is really happening when looking at all of your groups combined or when comparing a specific group’s sales from year 1 to year 2. Below is an example to help explain this.
- In 2015, ABC Band sold 240 units. ABC Band ran again in 2016, but this time they only sold 216 units. You believe the drop in sales has to do with the price increase that you implemented in 2016 and the sellers not being as motivated as they were in 2015. You decide to develop an incentive plan for this group for next year so that you can increase group participation.
- If you would have captured the group size and the # of sellers, you would see that the real reason this group sold less in 2016 is because it had fewer members in the group this year. In 2016, group participation was actually UP, but the group size and # of sellers went down. Looking at the average sales per seller shows that there was no change from 2015 to 2016 so your price increase didn’t seem to have an impact on what each seller sold. Here is a breakdown of year 1 vs. year 2 for ABC Band:
- When signing up a group, ask for the group size as part of your standard booking process
- When the group leader turns in their order, ask for the # of sellers as part of your standard order entry process
- When a group enters their order through My Fundraising Place (MyFundraisingPlace.com) – the number of sellers is gathered automatically!